You probably protect your car with oil changes and yearly maintenance check, right? Such a big investment needs proper TLC.
Just like your car, your home systems and appliances all need periodic maintenance checks to make sure they’re operating safely and efficiently. A professional preventative maintenance program can help homeowners when it comes to the upkeep of their heating and cooling system, plumbing, electrical system, and most major appliances. Having professional preventative maintenance services performed is key to ensuring tasks are done right and can save you time and money in the long run.
American Home Shield, a unit of the ServiceMaster Company, provides these expert tips to help keep your home’s systems and appliances in great shape:
- Check filters every month. Clean or replace as needed.
- Keep the condensing unit free of debris.
- Trim shrubs and plants near condensing unit to ensure proper air flow and circulation.
- Bent condensing unit fins can often be easily straightened with a fin comb
- Inspect cold and hot water supply hoses for cracks and deterioration.
- Look for signs of water or oil leakage.
- Check to make sure the machine is level, and adjust it, if needed, by turning the legs clockwise to lower them or counter-clockwise to raise them.
- Clean the lint screen after each load of clothes has been dried.
- For gas and electric dryers, check and tighten supply connections.
- Check to see if the dryer is level; if it’s not, the drum may vibrate and damage the unit. To adjust the level, turn the legs clockwise to lower them or counter-clockwise to raise them.
- Drain and flush sediment from tank twice a year.
- Check pressure-relief valve once a year to make sure this crucial safety device is not clogged
!– RISMedia Tracking Snippet *** Do Not Remove *** –>